A Story to Share

الموضوع في 'ساحة الخريجين' بواسطة Hopefull_Irony, بتاريخ ‏27 مايو 2020.

1. Hopefull_Irony

انضم:
    ‏27 مايو 2020
    المشاركات:
    التخصص:
    N/A
    الجامعة:
    KFUPM
    سنة التخرج:
    التقييمات:
    +4 / 0 / -3
    COVID-19 had given me the time to meditate within myself very deeply and made me find out how to differentiate between enemy and friend. Authorities have just announced that workers should go into different stages until they get into a normal life with the implantation of social distancing and other precautions. Undoubtedly, when coronavirus hit the world and paralyzed, not only the human move but also the economy where most of us had enough time to sit within and develop using E-learning platforms as well in the name of building up solid skills. Apparently, I realized that I was living around inhuman people in my current workplace which are full of selfishness and jealousy. With that being said, they would never bother to give me a piece of helpful information to benefit from, but instead, they would confiscate me from anything that would literally help me develop and improve.

I always have to seek information and fight to get it and once I have it, I feel like I have no hands to implement that info because they won’t let any task fall into my hands. I am being fought for just being me, for being a Saudi national employee working around freaks (foreigns) who want me out ASAP. I used to hear about the toxic environment, but I did not really understand what that is until I lived in it. I completed 3 years of experience in this horrible company and guess what is my next step? Resign.

Why resign?
    During quarantine, I discovered that I had wasted so much time working for an unappreciative company and on top of that; very toxic co-workers. Just to mention that I do have a very strong personality, but believe me you can do nothing with it when you are being stabbed from behind as well as I would not face the whole GANGS because it will get worse and get my hands dirty ;). With these past three months, I had the opportunity to take online courses and learn on my own and I have decided not to waste my time in X company since there are many online tools to use and reach any goal I aim at. In contrary, when I first joined the company, there was a non-Saudi manager with more than 20 years of experience that I work with very closely. He was very supportive with fresh grads and always willing to help until the GANGS perceived what he does and made him hate the whole place and move to another origination.

The reason of this post is not to encourage others who work in toxic places to resign from their positions without finding another job lined up. But please, find another place as soon as you can because it will make you miserable, APPLY! APPLY! APPLY! You would be amazed if I show you my mailbox, full of rejection emails, but there is an old saying “hanging around the barbershop long enough, sooner or later you’re going to get a haircut” so keep that in your mind.

Lastly, I just wanted to share with you what is in the above as it makes me feel comfortable when letting it out. I am planning to quit because I have my own business, although it is not giant, but it pays my bills and other obligations. But quitting to apply for jobs will never be stopped until I get my desire. I also wanted to share this in English in purpose to enable myself to practice my writing skills since it has been a very long time since I typed as you may have noticed, I could have made my long story short.

• x 3 إعجاب إعجاب
    • x 2 عدم إعجاب عدم إعجاب
  2. Eng-Mech

Eng-Mech عضو

انضم:
    ‏25 فبراير 2020
    المشاركات:
    التخصص:
    Mech Engineering
    الجامعة:
    USA
    سنة التخرج:
    الجنس:
    ذكر
    التقييمات:
    +53 / 9 / -18
    اولا احب اشكرك على مشاركه قصتك معنا واسمح لي ارد بالعربي
    بس حبيت اوضح لك امور كثيره اغلب المهندسين ( السعوديين ) مروا ومازال يمرون بـ نفس تجربتك لو تروح لـ اكبر المشاريع بـ تلاقي السعوديين هناك مجرد صوره
    والاجانب هم اللي ماسكين الشغل وهم اللي تم محاربتهم من قبل الاجانب وهذا شفتها لما اشتغلت بـ احد اكبر مشاريع ارامكو كل مهندسين السعوديين هناك مع شركات الكونتراكتر وسب كونتراكت
    ماخذينهم مجرد سعوده قدام ارامكو لا اكثر يعني دوام بس من غير خبره حقيقيه , بدون اي مهام حقيقيه وشغل حقيقي يتطور منه الشخص ماعدا اجتهاد شخصي منهم لـ تجميع المعلومات في عملهم , وهذا الامر ينطبق على مشروع المترو في الرياض هناك واسبق ان استضافهم داوود الشريان وتحدث ان ماذا لو عملنا مشروع مترو جديد هل يستطيع المهندس السعودي اللي المفروض اكتسب خبره من المشروع السابق الاجابه كانت لا

صدقني المهندس السعودي مظلوم جدا لـ انه غير مدعوم وتم وضعه بين مافيات ولوبيات يصعب على اي شخص اختراقها طبعا كلامي استثني الشركات الكبيره Big 4 هل في امل في الافق القادم اشك طبعا لـ ان مهنه الهندسه عندنا ضايعه ي تلاقي مهندس سعودي عاطل او تلاقي مهندس سعودي شغال بغير تخصصه عشان يبي يعيش او تلاقي مهندس سعودي متوظف على بوريشن مهندس لكنه يعاني من عدم اسناد المهام اليه والشغل على الاجانب وهو مجرد صوره هذا واقع حالنا للاسف

الله يزين الحال

• x 2 إعجاب إعجاب
  3. zx3ooo

zx3ooo عضو

انضم:
    ‏27 أغسطس 2014
    المشاركات:
    التخصص:
    xx
    الجامعة:
    xx
    سنة التخرج: